Friday, May 7, 2010

And still more crazy conversations with my kids.........

Between Maddie and myself in the car yesterday:

Maddie: Look at those clouds. I wish I could go up there and touch them.

Me: Yes, that look so nice and fluffy, don't they? Like cotton candy. Too bad they're really just made of rain.

Maddie (in her best "shows what you know, Mom" snotty voice): No, Mom, clouds are made of WATER!!

(Because, as we all know, there is a HUGE difference between rain and water.)

*******************************************************************************************

I already posted this on blogspot-but it deserves a re-posting here. Wednesday was Andrew's birthday. We took him to one of the local malls where they have a bungee trampoline ride. Andrew has been on them once before, so we knew he liked them. It was so fun to watch him. I think he must hate losing his stomach (like me), because he would get these bug-eyed, mouth-wide-open terrified looks on his face for a couple seconds, then replace them with huge smiles and laughter. When he was done, he kept chanting: "I did it! Good job!" over and over. One of the many times I curse myself as a parent for not being better at videotaping my kids in action.

No comments: